October 3, 2013

New Roasting Pan..

It may seem strange to get so excited about a roasting pan that you would actually blog about it but let me give you a bit of background. For years, we had this old ugly green, heavy heavy roasting pan with a rack that would rust every time you used it..Finally about a year ago I got so tired of this darn thing and cleaning it was a real PIA! Everything stuck..

So I have been scouring looking for another roaster that comes with its own rack and I don't know why but I had a heck of a time finding one. I even bought a small roaster on Amazon and a rack they "said" fit the roast but of course when I got it, the rack did not fit into the pan. 

Finally, this past weekend K-mart was having a huge store wide sale and I thought, eh, lemme try there. They probably won't have what I want but I'll look anyway. It can't hurt. And low and behold I found this baby!!


Isn't she a beauty? It's a Roaster with rack by Sandra Lee. (whoever she is)
I love the silicone handles on it because it gives it nice grip but the draw back is you can't put it in the dishwasher but I can handle that...

Look at the size of this heavy duty removable rack!


The roaster is all non stick as well. What a breeze to clean up! 


So yes, I finally have a good roaster with a rack, I didn't pay full price which was around $50.00. I paid $36.00 and change and I am excited about it! :) 

I made a delicious roast chicken in it Sunday that had fresh garlic and basil minced together in butter for under the skin, then I stuffed the inside with apples and tied that chicken up.. it was SOOOO delicious and the clean up was a walk in the park. So thank you Sandra Lee whoever you are for making this wonderful roaster with removable rack! 


3 comments:

  1. Good for you! She has shows on the Food Network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Sandra Lee has a money saving meals show on the Food Network. I like your roaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great roaster and I understand your excitement...good equipment is a blessing and help.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments, I love hearing from you! :) Due to spam I have had to set my comments to not allowing any Anonymous Users. I hope you understand and please don't let that deter you from commenting as your comments do mean so much to me that you take the time to come to my blog an comment.. ~Robyn~ XO