September 10, 2013

Make-Up Review!! NYX, Benefit, Lorac !

If you follow me on Facebook then you know last week was the first time I've ever been inside an ULTA store. I've ordered from them online but have never been IN one and now? I know why!...That place is like crack! for the make-up junkie, ech-hem, like myself. Don't judge me! LOL... A really nice friend sent me a pretty large gift card to ULTA and off I went. Wow! I was like a kid in a candy shop. At one point I was actually sitting on the floor of the NYX isle swatching lipsticks! OK, now that I've caught my breath after thinking about being inside ULTA, see how bad it is? On to the reviews of what I bought. 

Each item I've been wearing everyday so I can give you my honest opinion. First up..

Benefit Cosmetics "They're Real" Mascara". 


The product claims to give your lashes two times the volume and length. I can say that it does stand up to it's claims. My eye lashes were so much longer they actually were touching the bottom of my eyebrows at one point. I thought, "wow, this is amazing! I love this product!" Then I tried to take it off at night like I always take off my make-up. I honestly used 2 make up remover wipes and close to six cotton balls full of baby oil on each eye to get it all off and I felt like I was ripping at my lashes but, I thought the way it looks is so amazing maybe I just need to be more gentle. Then one day I fell asleep in the afternoon and when I woke up my eye lashes were all stuck together and looked like they were crimped up. It was a mess. That was it for me. Between it being like cement to get off and then the mess I woke up to from a short nap I am no longer in love with this product. While I do like the length it gave me I'm going to have to pass on the rest of it.. I was worried about damaging my eye lashes as well. So it's going back. I usually wouldn't bother to return a mascara but at $23.00 a box it's going back. It's a shame because I was so excited to get this. 

Next...

NYX Powder Blush


I got the color "Mauve" and I have to say I am in love with this color. It's such a light pink with a rosy tone to it. It matches my skin tone perfectly, a little goes a long way and it was only like $3.99 I think. It may have been less than that but I can't remember. 

Next.. 

NYX Liquid Illuminator in "Born To Glow Light"


It has a pink tone too it and it's really very pretty but honestly, even though I've been using it, I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Its not thick, it has a nice thin creamy consistency to it.  It's just one of those things that I can't decide if I like it yet. I need some more time with this. 

Next....

"Real Techniques Professional Make-up Brushes"


Now these? I LOVE these! I think these are the most awesome brushes on the market and they're not expensive. I like them because they are soft, they hold the product well and they don't shed at all, atleast I have not encountered that as of yet. The only brushes I need now are the ones for the eyes but they didn't have them in stock. These are keepers for sure and I highly recommend them. 

Next... 
NYX Lipsticks and Lip Liners



I have to say I was really surprised by these lipsticks. I think they cost $4.99? a piece and I figured how good could they be for that price? I was SO pleasantly surprised. They are really saturated with color, they aren't drying at all. They glide on the lips nicely and they actually have staying power to them. I will definitely by more of these. 


These NYX Liners also surprised me. They cost me $1.00 a piece and again I thought, well how good could they be? Pleasantly surprised again, they are creamy not dry, they glide on nicely and they don't bleed outside of where you put them on. These also have staying power as well and again, I will purchase more of these. 

For my last and most favorite make up item... 

The Lorac Pro Palate!



I've been wanting to get this for a long time but for me, dropping $42.00 for a makeup palate isn't something I can do lightly but I finally was able to get this and I am SO glad I did!. I absolutely LOVE this and I can say there isn't one color I do not love. I don't even know where to begin with this. As you can see the colors are just amazing. The top row are all matte and the bottom are shimmer.  Each color is so saturated, they feel like velvet when applying on the eye lid, there's no fallout from these at all and they last ALL day and night. I have tried so many looks with this and there simply just isn't a bad look in the entire palate. This will last me a long time but I am going to be sure and save up to buy another one. A definite repurchase over and over. 

I know that $42.00 seems like a lot for eyeshadow but the truth is when you buy a good eye shadow palate and the quality is as excellent as this one is not only is it worth the money but you also save money. You can buy drug store brands which granted have gotten better over the years but they don't give a lot of product and I have yet to find one drug store brand that has the color saturation and no fallout together like this and feels as good as these do on the eyelids. So my thinking is, spend a little more now and save later so I don't have to keep replacing. Make sense? 

Well this post has gotten a lot longer than I thought so I will close this one. In my next beauty post I will review the body creams and sprays I also picked from ULTA. They're amazing!!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it. 


4 comments:

  1. What a fun post-like your reviews. Too bad about the mascara. I would return it at that price, too. There for a minute I thought you had thawed out your credit cards! lol Have a nice night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun time you had ! I love to read about how excited you get about make-up and thank-you for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know you can get on line at Ulta's site and print out a coupon for $3.50 off of a $10 purchase? You can also get their coupon in the Sunday papers (at least here). I usually print a few off and give one or 2 out while in line. I'm always amazed people would go in there without a coupon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this tip! I don't usually get the Sunday paper but this week I did and found a $3.50 off coupon in the paper that I can use in store or online .. Thank you so much for coming by and sharing! :)
      Robyn
      XO

      Delete

Please leave your comments, I love hearing from you! :) Due to spam I have had to set my comments to not allowing any Anonymous Users. I hope you understand and please don't let that deter you from commenting as your comments do mean so much to me that you take the time to come to my blog an comment.. ~Robyn~ XO